Striving to live a healthy and sustained life, while loving animals, the environment and myself! :-)

Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Very Merry Vegan Christmas!

So I wanted to make a delicious Christmas breakfast since I love holiday breakfasts, but this was my 1st vegan Christmas so I had to rethink the eggs and cheese, etc. So here's what I ended up with:


I made some super yummy blueberry buckwheat pancakes with vegan sausage and sliced apples and oranges.
I just make the pancakes with ground flaxseed as the egg substitute and added some blueberries and we were in business. *(To substitute 1 egg, take 1 heaping Tablespoon of ground flaxseed and mix it with 3 Tablespoons water over a low heat lightly whisking it until the consistency looks about like that of an egg.)
I also used tubed SmartSausage... and cut it into round patties and cooked in a frying pan with a little olive oil for 5 minutes per side. It was yummy... and I'm not one for meat substitutes.

These are the cookbooks I got for Christmas... Can't wait to start making some of this stuff! And hopefully host some parties!
The rest of the day turned out pretty well too... Dinner with the parents and grandparents. Although they did have meat, I helped make squash, beets and carrots roasted in fresh rosemary, olive oil and brown sugar. We also had red potatoes with mushrooms and onions. And stewed cinnamon apples for dessert!
OH, and it SNOWED... IN GEORGIA... on CHRISTMAS!!!!


One last picture.... of the snowy manger scene in my parents front yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment