Striving to live a healthy and sustained life, while loving animals, the environment and myself! :-)

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Here's what's for dinner!

So, as you read two posts ago, the date day dinner was a hit! So when the boyfriend said he wanted pasta again (which I promise you is not all I cook), I went for a modified version of that dish.
I went to the store and decided that eggplant and broccoli looked good. I already had some mushrooms, and a little bit of squash, zucchini, and red bell pepper. I chopped up all the veggies, along with some white onion, and cubed tofu, and threw it in a baking dish... added some vegetable stock, a little EVOO, chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper, then threw it in the oven at 375 degrees for about an hour (covered for 45 mins, then uncovered for 15). After 45 min I added a generous amount of balsamic vinegar (which apparently is great to eat along side of pasta because it helps with the digestion and absorption of the carbs), then went on to make the pasta (whole grain spaghetti).


I'm hoping to branch out a little and maybe make a fun dessert or muffins (which the boyfriend has been asking for). So shortly there should be a dessert post!

No comments:

Post a Comment