Striving to live a healthy and sustained life, while loving animals, the environment and myself! :-)

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy Peesy...

I wanted to share the fact that I'm not always this super chef who has tons of great produce on hand and cooks super exciting meals every night... nope. I'm a real person and sometimes I get really busy and don't put planning my meals at the top of the list. This weekend was one of those times.

Up until I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday, I seriously had just about nothing in the kitchen to eat. A quick survey of the pantry and fridge revealed about 3 things that would go together. Refried beans, chips and salsa and 1/2 a green pepper. I noticed my roommate had some tortillas so I stealthy snook 2 in hopes that I can just replace them before she notices :-) Hopefully she's not reading this post!

So anyways, I heated up the beans, slung them on the tortillas and added some salsa and green pepper slices. I was pretty hungry so I made two and threw some chips and more salsa on the plate. Gotta say, it was really good and super filling. I couldn't eat all of the second burrito.


All this to say that even when you think you have NOTHING, you can usually find some kind of combination, and it'll probably turn out to be super simple and pretty yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment