Striving to live a healthy and sustained life, while loving animals, the environment and myself! :-)

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'd like to think I was that SMOOTH...


It seems that everyone like a smoothie... and while I've enjoyed the occasional Planet Smoothie treat, I've just never been a big fan of replacing a meal with a drink, especially when the calorie content almost forces you too. Plus smoothie stores like adding yogurt and milk and ice cream... yuck.

However, the other day I was randomly in the mood for a smoothie-like snack. I just recently tried the Soyogurt I found at the Farmer's Market and I actually kind of like it (it does have a distinct taste to it that is very non-traditional yogurt, but if you've been off dairy for awhile you might enjoy it). I wanted to try it in the smoothie to add a sweeter taste to it and it worked wonderfully.


I combined the blueberry flavor Soyogurt, frozen strawberries, frozen blackberries, a banana, some almond milk, and a few ice cubes....  


It ended up being a delicious, light and refreshing snack! With a much lower calorie count than the average dairy filled variety, and obviously much healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment