Striving to live a healthy and sustained life, while loving animals, the environment and myself! :-)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring Sandwiches!!!

So I know it's a little early and not really spring yet (so these veggies aren't entirely in season), but it's been super sunny and beautiful the past few days and I'm craving my summer foods. I love, love, love avocado and tomato, so summer sandwiches and salads are my favorite. Here's a little peak into my favorite sandwich!

 It starts with amazing multi-grain bread from the Farmer's Market... toasted, of course. Then a thin layer of Vegenaise, a heaping pile of red leaf lettuce, thick sliced tomatoes, thin sliced mushrooms, cucumbers, and avocados. (I'll thrown on some thing slices of roasted beets if I have them... I love beets.) Then I top it off with a drizzle of oil and vinegar and a little salt and pepper.
This is seriously an amazing sandwich and very filling (albeit a little messy).



  This time I made cajun sweet potato fries to go with it... Slice up some sweet potatoes, toss them in olive oil, cajun spices, salt and pepper and throw them in the oven until they're at your desired consistency... usually about 30 mins for me.

Well hopefully this has inspired you to try a new kind of sandwich not laden with meat and cheese. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment