Striving to live a healthy and sustained life, while loving animals, the environment and myself! :-)

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pizza Night!

So I was recently incredibly grateful to get to see my best friend and her husband, who came in town from Scotland for a week. There's nothing like catching up with friends over homemade pizza and wine.




While this was my first experience making pizza since being vegan, (let alone from scratch), I think it went pretty well... We made one crust ourselves and one we picked up from the farmers market, just to see the difference. They actually turned out pretty much the same. I like a thicker crust, so next time I'll definitely try and tweak things to get a better outcome because the crusts didn't rise very much; not sure if it had anything to do with the tremendous amount of toppings of not. :-/
But we all got to pick our own toppings and each made 1/2 a pizza.






 I made a "ricotta" filling based on a recipe from my new book, "Vegan with a Vengance," which was pretty good and definitely a nice substitute. And then we piled on pesto, black olives, green peppers, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, vegan sausage; whatever we could think of.





And while the meal was delicious, it was the company that truly made the meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment